Walkthrough Compendium (that means all walkthroughs for Gen 1-3)
Our highly valued Thts figured out how to make life easier for all of us. Now we have the walkthroughs of all three generations in one thread. Just click on the link for the generation's walkthrough you want and enjoy yourself
Important: an improved version of the walkthrough can be found in the FAQ: http://answers.travians.com
The version below is no longer officially maintained.
Last edited by Plinfut; 02.04.2012 at 21:39.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
This walkthrough was written by Adsini on the German forum, and has been translated and modified by ThTs and Grenadine and other of the international mods.
Please be aware than when you're overdue on taxes you will not receive any new quests until the taxes are paid.
If you're waiting for a certain quest to start, and it hasn't come yet, please wait until your next OP, before asking about it.
DAY 0 (quests: 1.Letter from the uncle)
Your life as a Travian begins in a small island, that does not offer many things to do. A bit to your left stands Eilix with his parrot on his shoulder . Talk to him and during the conversation you will receive a letter from your uncle.
Read this message and talk to Eilix again. Before you can reach your uncle Horatio, you will need to do a few things.
1. Collect 5x Wood or Ore. When you talk to Eilix afterwards, he explains you the meaning of the Occupation Points (OP) and Action Points (AP) and sends you wandering to do a minigame at the table inside his tavern.
2. The building on the right side of the Island is the Tavern. Enter it and you will see a red arrow pointing at the minigame table. Click it and start or join a minigame of your choice
3. Now you will need to get back to Eilix and he will explain the meaning of Social Points (SP). He now sends you into his own house (behind him) to decorate it.
Enter the house and select the house editor button on the right top of the screen. Look for a nice piece of furniture that you can afford (the amount of SP is mentioned below each item) and drag it into the house. Once you done that you can exit the editor and get back to Eilix.
Eilix will give you his boat and you can finally reach your Uncle Horatio.
Now you stand in a different landscape where you see resource spaces again, but there will also be a house and next to it you see your uncle (there's an exclamation mark over his head) and his pig awaiting you.
I. Uncle Horatio (quests: 2.Sociability test, 3.Uncle is hungry, 4.Cash for goods)
Talk to your uncle until he recognizes you and tells you that the house is yours now. You should follow this conversation with attention, because it's your first introduction to the storyline of the game. If you talk about everything with your uncle, he will assign you your first tasks:
1. The first task is to find and take care of a robber that stole 3 gold from your uncle. You receive a knife and need to beat the robber who is located to your east. Afterwards talk to your uncle Horatio again
2. Next he tells you to go and greet Tombo and tell him about the thing with the sheep, to enter the village. Tombo is the village guard who carries a long spear in his right hand, and you can see him in the lower-right corner of the screen. So, get going and talk to him!
3. If you haven't clicked on the signpost before you start talking to Tombo, he will advise you to read the game instructions (you can find them under the little "i" beside your inventory too). A look at the FAQ won't hurt you either. But now back the regards we have to give to Tombo.
4. Before Tombo allows you to enter the village, he will give you a quest too: either you bring him 10 resources of the same kind (e.g. 10 wood) or you have to find a friend to show your trustworthiness.
5. After managing to enter the village, talk to your uncle Horatio again. He is hungry now and demands a loaf of bread from you. Therefore you'll need grain, which you mill in the village. Take the flour to bake a bread and bring this back to Horatio.
6. Your next quest will be to learn trading in the NPC-market. To do so, go back to the village and leave towards the south. The building with a green striped roof (looking a bit like a tent) is the NPC-market where you should now sell a resource until your avatar proclaims "A good deal".
7. After you tell him about your first deal, your uncle won't give you any more quests for this moment. He wants you to come back later so you will have to entertain yourself a bit.
Finally after you spend some time (till you received a new OP) its a great idea to continue your good work. Let's go and talk to our uncle again!
II. More quests (quest: 5.Choosing an occupation)
Before you are considered worthy of inheriting your uncle's beloved travel pig, he will give you some more tasks.
1. First of all he wants you to become a respectable citizen and therefore you will have learn a profession. He sends you to the tax office behind the tavern where you must talk to the tax man. Then he tells you that the next resource you harvest will decide your profession. If you harvest grain, you'll be a farmer, if you dig clay, you will be a clay digger, if you chop wood, you'll be a woodcutter and if you mine ore you'll be a miner. After chosing a profession and reporting to your uncle, the travel pig will follow you.
III. Uncle isn't satisfied (quests: 6.Buying tools, 7.Equipment)
Your uncle hasn't finished with you, so go back and talk to him again.
2. To become a more effective worker you should go and get a tool. The tool trader is located right below the NPC-market. Tools are quite expensive, so it's best to choose one (attention: there are demands on your attributes for the tools) and click "remember". It will then keep its price until you have earned the necessary money for it by trading resources.
3. Now that we finally have a tool, hurry back to the uncle. He still has more tasks for us and demands that we also buy a piece of armor and a weapon. There you go again, start saving money for those. The armorer is left of the player-market, the armsmaker right below the player-market. It's enough to buy one item at each dealer - you don't have to completely fill your armor to fulfill the quest.
When you've done all of this, your uncle Horatio will leave you (for now) and the house and the pig are now entirely yours.
DAY 1: The complaint (quest: 8.Civic duty)
On your next day you'll receive a message from Tombo, telling you that someone has made a complaint about you.
1. Go and talk to Tombo. He doesn't want to tell you who has complained about you. First he wants you to bring him some resources and then he admits it: Senkel, the barkeeper at the tavern, has complained about you.
2. Go and talk to Senkel. He will tell you that your warehouse looks pretty much run down und that you need to upgrade it. If you keep nagging him, he will give you some resources to support you.
3. You need 8 resources of each kind to upgrade your warehouse. Once you've got these, click on the warehouse (it's located in the village, left of the mill) and choose "Upgrade to level 1"
4. Go back to Senkel - he will reward you with an "overpriced junk food".
Side quest: the pig and the treasure (quest: 9.The travel pig)
Talk to your travel pig. It will tell you, that it knows where a treasure is hidden!
Leave the village towards the south again and this time take the path in front of the armoury. Your pig will then by itself go to the place where the treasure lies, you just have to follow. Talk to it again and it will tell you that it has found a purse and you will recieve 5 silver, which you need badly for the next task.
DAY 1: Message from your uncle (quests: 10. Gain confidence, 11. Bodyguard)
After completing your previous quest and getting a new OP, the storyline continues..
You will get an ingame message from your uncle, who finally remembers where he lost the amulet.
1. Senkel has been robbed and won't tell you anything. You should join a guild.
2. Look for a guild in the forum or found a new one. After that, talk to Senkel again. He will be more friendly now, but still he won't tell you everything.
3. Wait for the next OP and then talk to him again.
4. You should become his bodyguard. Go and win 2 fights in the arena (if you haven't already) or take part in 3 fights. Then return to Senkel and let him tell you more about the amulet.
5. Senkel wants to meet you at the ruin, so go there and talk to him. The ruin is the dilapidated building north of the village.
6. There he will tell you about the robbery and the stolen amulet part. Besides he will tell you that you have to chop down the beech for further progress.
DAY 1: Message from Senkel (quest: 12.The wager)
On the next OP you gain, Senkel tells you he is having problems sleeping. As his bodyguard you have to care for his wealth and hurry to him.
1. Senkel tells you he has betting debts to the blackjack-player behind the arena.
2. Go to the arena, and continue eastwards, talk to the blackjack-player and play games against him until you win at least one.
3. Return to Senkel and tell him about your victory. He will award you with 1 gold coin.
DAY 2: The mystic hammer (quest: 13.The hammer)
The diary told us to listen to our pig. So, lets listen to it? Ouch! What was that? Where did this hammer came from? Anyway, who am I?
1. You will find out where the hammer came from by going south from the arena. Next to the tavern you will find Karamix - he threw the hammer.
2. As a compensation for "deleting" your occupation you may choose a new one, this time including the secondary jobs from the village (miller, baker, clay burner, carpenter, charcoal burner and smith). As a help, you will receive some resources.
3. After getting a new occupation, you should talk to Karamix again with pride.
I. The children of Karamix (quest: 14.Weapon smith's children)
After informing Karamix about your new occupation he has a big problem and is crying, maybe we should help him?
1. He tells us his children have been kidnapped, so we generously offer him to rescue them. Your pig already has a hot trail and leads us to a small hut.
(The hut can be found by following the road going south from the blackjack-player)
2. Inside the hut we can see 2 robbers and the children. You have to defeat both of the robbers.
3. We then can return to Karamix, who will gratefully give us his axe, the Chop-o-matic/hackinator.
II. The beech
Now we can do something about the beech at the arena.
1. With the Chop-o-matic we can chop down the beech near the arena. Just click on it, you will start to chop it.
III. Senkel's amulet part (quest: 15.Returning stolen goods)
Do you remember? Senkel was robbed! Time to return his stolen items.
1. Follow the now-opened path north of the arena until you recognize a small rock. Enter the cave. No need to be frightened, it is pitch dark inside, but we can find something anyway.
2. Search the cave until you find Senkel's amulet part. Leave the cave (there?s nothing more to find) and return to Senkel with his belongings.
DAY 3: Matricia is back (quest: 16.Herb quest)
Once again your travel pig shows its unfailing skill to sniff things, this time herbs (north of the guild area). Could it indeed be that Matricia is back? But who is this Matricia anyway?
1. You will find Matricia, if you take the pathway going north from the arena and then turn right (attention: the junction is somewhat hidden by trees!). It'll take you to a house resembling a big tree stump.
2. Wait untill your pig and Matricia have duly greeted each other, then talk to her. Matricia turns out to be a witch, capable of brewing you potions from herbs.
3. Go to the entrance to the guild houses (west of the market and north of the guild area) where you can now pick herbs. To pick a herb costs 1 AP. Once you've collected some take them back to Matricia.
4. She will turn the herbs a potion for you and if you're wearing a belt you can use these potions while fighting.
5. From now on it's always possible to pick fresh herbs and get them turned in to potions by Matricia.
DAY 4: The attack (quest: 17.The robbery)
The village has been attacked! Tombo refuses to let you out of the village, as long as you haven't help with the rebuilding.
2. If you give 50 bricks, 50 breads and 100 wooden boards to Tombo, the state of emergency will be lifted. Until you bring this help you'll only be able to go to your house, the village, the market and the guild area.
DAY 6: Letter from Matricia (quest: 18.The traveling merchant)
Matricia sent a message to your pig, telling you that Pilou has been arrested. So finally we get to know this mysterious travelling salesman.
1. Go the in the direction of the guild area, south of the place where you pick herbs, there is a jail and inside it is Pilou. If you try to get to him to talk, you'll be stopped by a sentry.
2. There is no other option than giving this greedy man 99 silver to let you pass so you can speak to Pilou. He will tell you about the stolen goods.
DAY 8: News from Karamix (quest: 19.Second occupation)
We're receiving a lot of messages these days... is something going on?
1. Speak to Karamix, and you will be able to learn a second profession (this isn't mandatory to the storyline!)
2. He will give you enough resources, so that the next good you produce will decide you second profession.
I. The debris
Today you're ready to move away the debris south of the market, that has been blocking your way all this time. You will need 10 OP and the hard work will earn you 20 clay and 20 ore.
Follow the newly opened way and you will encounter Tonk.
II. The robbers (quest: 20.Thieving scum)
Now you will meet the robbers, who stole Pilou's goods.
1. If you turn left from Tonk and walk south, you will find another tavern, in which the first of the two robbers will be. After defeating him you will get the first half of the loot.
2. The second robber and the second half of the loot can be found in the tavern east of the arena (go right from the arena and cross the little river to walk the path up north).
III. Sentry reloaded
The sentry is back and he won't let us get to Pilou!
1. After successfully retrieving the loot from the robbers you want to go and see Pilou to give it back to him and proove his innocence, but you can't get past the sentry. He will always demand one more coin than you have in your pocket.
2. Speak to Matricia about that and she will tell you about frogpowder.
3. If you give her one diamond, she will have some for you. (If you don't have any diamonds at this point you must wait until the day 13 quest, which will give you the needed diamond.)
4. Speak to her about Tonk as well, and you will learn that violets are the only thing that can calm him down.
5. Go back to the sentry, use the frogpowder out of your inventory and you can pass. Give the loot back to Pilou. He won't be set free the same day - he tells you this could take some days.
DAY 13: Savings for a rainy day (quest: 21.Treasure hunt)
Oh, another message from your uncle? For a person who's gone and is not even able to remember us, he is rather present.
1. The message says he has hidden a treasure map but can't remember where.
2. You will find the map between the two brown barrels left of the players market. The mouse cursor will show "??? if you are at the correct position.
3. Now the treasure map is in your inventory, with a click on it it will be opened and a red dot will show the position of the treasure.
4. You will find a chest with a diamond and some gold in the bog at the place marked on the map. The map will disappear then.
(If you didn't have any diamonds to finish the quest from day 10, you can now do it with the one you just got.)
DAY 16: Pilou is free again (quest: 22.To the waterfall)
Once again a message, this time from the guild master. Pilou has been set free due to our help.
To get past Tonk, you will need a violet.
1. The violet can be found at the second tavern, this is above the swamp. After arriving at the tavern you can see the violet, a blue flower, a little below the building.
2. Simply click on it to pluck it.
3. Bring the violet to Tonk, now he will let you pass and you can enter the house of Pilou just behind him at the waterfall.
4. You can find a message on the table in the house - Pilou will be back in a few days.
Last edited by pamissou; 03.05.2012 at 10:32.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
DAY 20: Pilou is back (quests: 23. Barter trade)
Pilou has returned home from his voyage.
Visit him in his house and he will give you a rose.
Now of course we can find somebody who will be more in need of a rose than us.
1. Give the rose to Heather-Rose. You will find her on the way going south from the market and turning west at the bifurcation. She is standing in front of a house with a bunch of flowers around it. She will exchange your rose with a love poem.
2. Give the love poem to Tonk, you will then get a manlyweed.
3. Matricia will be happy about the manlyweed, and she will give you a potion against arthritis.
4. Actually, you don't suffer from arthritis, so you can ask Tombo who will give you the hats of the 2 skull-robbers.
5. Karamix will exchange these hats against a piece of armour.
6. After all of this, return to Pilou and tell him of your barters. At the end, he will give you his part of the amulet.
DAY 24: The ferryman (quest: 24. A labor of love)
You will receive a message from Heather-Rose. Let's go and have look!
1. First walk past Heather-Rose (who stands below Tonk, if you follow the path leading south) and take the next junction pointing west, until you reach the river and have the guild area (academy) right above your avatar. On the riverbank you now meet a ferryman.
2. Talk to him and he will give you a letter, which is directed to Heather-Rose.
3. Go and bring her the letter.
4. Then go back to the ferryman, who won't keep promise to stear you to the other side of the river. But you will at least recieve some gold for your inconvenience.
DAY 29: Pilou is gone! (quest: 25. Follow your nose)
Pilou's house is a complete mess, and he himself is gone.
1. If you have a closer look inside his house, you will discover some soil and a pitch fork. Take both into your inventory.
2. Let your pig sniff the soil, and it will follow a trace. You only have to follow your pig and it will lead you to a damaged bridge not far from the robbers' hut.
3. You need 5 OP and 100 wood to repair the bridge.
4. Cross the bridge and remove the fruits and the horse dung on the way to move on.
5. Follow the path towards the south and you will meet a man called Livius on the southern market place.
6. If you talk to Livius you will find out quite soon that he doesn't like Pilou very much.
7. If you talk to your pig it will suddenly have a diamond for you in its snout.
8. And more blocked paths will open that day: the fir tree below the robbers' hut will be gone, the flooded way south of Pilous house will be passable now, and the small branch underneath Karamix has vanished.
DAY 34: Olive oil (quest: 26. The olive oil merchant)
Livius has been robbed too and it was this strange pipsqueak again!
Usally we'd just want to say a quick "Get well soon!", but it's quite obvious that he has a task for us.
1. So talk to Livius first.
2. He will ask you to sell 20 carafes of his olive oil for him.
3. You have to talk to the other NPCs (Karamix, Tombo, Matricia,...) and persuade them to buy some of the olive oil. It's a sheer matter of luck, if they will or will not agree to buy some. So just keep asking until you've sold the last carafe.
4. As soon as you managed to sell them all, go back to Livius and give him the money (2 gold) you made from the sales of the olive oil. He will give you a 10% provision, which makes 20 silver for you.
DAY 39: Livius' request (quest: 27. Soil and wine)
Livius will send you a message saying that he'd like to meet you. But he doesn't reside on the southern market place anymore, because he has moved on to this own house. Take the path leading west from his last position and then south again and you will see him. The letter will give you the directions too.
1. Talk to Livius and accept his bid to bring him 3 bottles of excellent wine.
2. Right after we did that, there will be message from your uncle, who feels close to death all of a sudden. If you just go a bit west from Livius' house you'll find Horatio.
3. While talking to your uncle you'll learn something important: he can tell a good or excellent wine from a bad or lausy one. Aha!
4. Now we have procure the wine for Livius and therefore go back to the place we first met him. A bit east of there a guy called Jolaisus will have appeared. Jolaisus is a wine dealer, but unfortunately his basement is empty at the moment. However he'll make some wine for us, if we go and pick the grapes from his vineyard.
5. Go and pick the grapes and bring them back to Jolaisus. We will turn them into wine, which you now take and bring to your uncle for testing. Just click on a bottle in your inventory and Horatio can tell, if it's an excellent wine or not.
6. As soon as your uncle has recognized 3 bottles as excellent, you can bring them to Livius. He will reward you with a pot of golden honey.
7. Go back to your uncle and show him the soil you picked up in Pilou's house. He can tell you that this is soil from a vineyard, but can not say wich vineyard.
DAY 45: Horatio settled down?! (quest: 28. Access to the vineyard)
A new message from your uncle Horatio! He has found his paradise and wants to stay there forever. That sounds interesting, let's find out more!
1. To find your uncle's resting place you will have to go back to Jolaisus. But he won't let you pass to search the vineyard.
2. Jolaisus confirms that Horatio is on the vineyard, but doesn't think that a frail figure like yourself can stand the sight of him. You have to proof that you're strong first, by defeating a bear.
3. There are two possibilities to solve this quest:
a) you can use the honey to distract the bear and raise your chance to defeat it. The bearskin will go straight into your inventory.
b) If you can't defeat the bear, go and see the bear hunter. You will find the bear hunter in the tavern east of the arena where the violet for Tonk used to be. For the price of 8 gold he will defeat the bear for you and bring back the bearskin to "proove" your heroic deed.
4. As soon as you've got the bearskin (one way or another) go back to Jolaisus. He will be impressed enough to let you pass. But where is your uncle now?
5. At the fourth grave from the left you'll be able to read the inscription. Uncle Hoartio is dead!
6. Deliver the sad news to the other NPCs: Karamix (will give you a loaf of bread), Matricia (a small healing potion), Tombo and Tonk.
DAY 51: Senkel and Pilou (quest: 29. The old cemetery)
Maybe we should pay the grave of our uncle a visit... even if he isn't alive any more, it might please him.
1. Jolaisus doesn't have any news for us, but the grave of Horatio is wide open!
2. We enter the grave and the pig realizes that the soil laying on the ground we are standing on, is the same we found in Pilous house. Pilou and Senkel are actually in this underground room, locked up in prison cells.
3. To free Pilou, you have click at the stones on the wall in the following sequence: 2-3-2-1-3
4. To free Senkel, you have click at the stones on the wall in the following sequence: 3-1-2
5. The moment you've freed both of them, everything will turn pitch-black and you will be assaulted violently! The part of the amulet we got from Pilou is stolen and the Chop-o-mat too! And Pilou and Senkel have disappeared again! And all your needs are in red after the assault!
DAY 57: Horatio's legacy (quest: 30. Recovering)
Jolaisus found something quite interesting in your uncles legacy, that we definitely should have a look at.
1. Asking Jolaisus about the legacy reveals something about a password.
Tombo, Matricia and Jolaisus each know one word.
With the complete sentence we should then go to the ruins.
2. Jolaisus will tell you the word, after you harvest grain 5 times.
Matricia wants us to mine ore 5 times and Tombo likes to see us dig clay (of course) 5 times.
Watch out! They dont want the materials, they want to see you work 5 times!
3. As soon as the work is done, we should go and tell the person who requested it.
The word from Jolaisus is: DECIPI
The word from Matricia is: MUNDUS
The word from Tombo is: VULT
4. Walk to the ruin and say the password: Mundus Vult Decipi
5. Now you can go into the ruins and find the ghost of your uncle Horatio.
Talk to him about everything you can.
6. Search inside the ruins:
At the black stone between the vases, left of Horatios ghost, you will find 5 gold.
In the middle one of the 3 vases you will find a take away junk food.
At the cobweb in the right corner you will find an item of armory.
7. Thats all, uncle Horatios ghost has now disappeared.
DAY 63 (quest: 31.The mysterious Roman girl)
Senkel and Pilou are finally back.
A mail from Senkel arrives, he and Pilou now manage the tavern together, even without the pieces of the amulet. We get an invitation to visit them, which we naturally do immediately.
1. Off to the tavern, and really, Senkel and Pilou are free again.
2. Talk to them about everything and you will learn something about a house and a Roman girl called Lorena.
3. Lorena knows something about the drinking game, so we should go and talk to her immediately.
4. To find Lorena's house, go to the robbers' cave, where you rescued Karamix children. Close by you will find a hardly visible track, going down between the trees. Follow the path and you will find Lorena's house.
5. Try to talk to Lorena. She will not respond because she considers you as a pig shepherd.
6 . Discuss with Jolaisus, he knows interesting things about Lorena.
You need a silver outfit to talk to her. Jolaisus therefore sends you to Karamix.
Now the run begins: go to the ferryman, Matricia, Senkel, Tonk, and at last back to Pilou (in the tavern). Speak to them all, and you will finally get a silver cape.
7. Now you've received the silver cape, so go back to Lorena.
8. At last Lorena is ready to talk with us... after she has sent an invitation. Waiting again!
DAY 69: The shopping list (quest: 32.The list)
We receive a letter from Lorena. She is unable to leave her house and asks us to procure some things.
1. We need: something against migraine, 1 bread, 1 bottle of spring water and some cottage cheese. All this of the highest quality.
2. Our shopping tour starts at Tombo. Ask several times until he gives you some exquisite cottage cheese. First thing is done.
3. The spring water you receive from Senkel. Talk with him about Lorena.
4. Migraine remedy is Matricias part.
5. Bake 1 bread in the village as Karamix tells you.
6. Our shopping list is done, let's go to Lorena's house.
7. She is waiting inside. Talk to her and give her all the stuff you provided. Speak about everything. She knows some interesting details about the Druid and this little meanie.
DAY 76: Lorena's son (quest: 33.Where is the druid?)
Lorena sends another message. She has learnt that her son is planning to do a journey into the forbidden area, and wants to kill the druid, which Lorena won't allow.
Lorena has a map for you - go to her and get it.
On the map some locations have been marked, where you should say Lorena's name backwards to get further advice.
Select the map from your inventory, to open it.
From Lorena's house you now go back to the robbers' hut, and from there on go right, past the coal place until the end of the road. The magical location is at the peculiar stone construction above the lake. Go there und pronounce Lorena's name backwards: ANEROL.
A first message appears: "I am a connecting element".
The second magical location is between the second mill and the second field. Go right and down from Pilou's house to find it. There is a campfire in a stone circle. The next message is "I bring outcasts from here to there".
The third magical location is in the south, where Horatio was testing the wine. Immediately left of Livius' house you find a stone structure, where you must once again pronounce the magical word. The last message is "I search for proximity to water".
Apart from that you'll now learn that the druid is hiding in the forbidden land.
DAY 83: The pipsqueak (quest: 34.The Hunt)
Pilou has seen the pipsqueak roaming in the village, but since then, nobody has seen him (the pipsqueak, not Pilou). Perhaps the travel pig can help us?
We start the search from Tombo, perhaps he has seen something? And as a matter of fact, when we ask him why he looks so funny, the pipsqueak appears by the mill.
However, when we want to talk to him, he disappears, and is suddenly standing at the marketplace. The next station is the tooltrader, and then in direction south, towards Pilou's old house.
We pass Heather-Rose's house on our way to the river, where the ferryman was.
By the riverside we finally catch up with him, but he's now surrounded by a magical protection shield, that we cannot penetrate. So time to wait again.
Last edited by pamissou; 03.05.2012 at 10:31.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
Here are the last three quests. This is also translated from Adsini his walkthrough for travianer. Since i cannot read german very well there might be mistakes here. Feel free to send me an IGM for improvement suggestions.
DAY 90: Getting attention (quest: 35.Getting attention)
Today you will get a message from Senkel. The letter tells you that Tombo saw the Druid and that he wasn’t alone. The Druid was last seen near the ferryman. Both have a shield to protect themselves. Go to Matricia and ask how you can break the spell. You needs sneezing powder herb from the place of worship. The place of worship is the place where your uncle tasted the wine for Livius. And one of the magical places of Lorenas map was there. Go to this place. The herb is easy to overlook.
Take the herb with you and go back to Matricia, she will make sneezing powder of it. She tells you a spell. Go back to the druids and click on intervention. If the spell Matricia gave you is wrong you’ll get the answer: “pffff” and you have to go back to Matricia to get a new spell. The correct phrase is "Kem'bara fi hataschi." Go back to the druids and now they will sneeze and the amulet part falls into the river. The ferryman swears he will get revenge.
DAY 97: To safety (quest: 36.To safety)
You will get a letter from Senkel telling you it isn’t safe anymore. When you go outside you’ll see druids everywhere. Whenever you encounter a druid, he will fight with you. But they are far too strong. Go to Lorena and talk to her. Ask her if she can bring you to safety. She can do that.
DAY 104: Battle against the druid pupils (quest: 37.Battle against the druid pupils)
You will get a message from an unknown sender. We are invited to come to the Arena. Before the arena a druid is waiting for us. To fight against it seems virtually impossible, he has an extremely high value and attack more than 3000 life points. Go to Lorena and ask for advice on how you can defeat the druid. Lorena knows a way to weaken it, but she can’t exactly remember how. It was something that is required in the kitchen. Speak again with her. The correct answer is "olive oil". Lorena also has a bottle of olive oil, but no longer in the combination of numbers out of the cabinet. However, it has a trick.
Start at Senkel's tavern and then travel from north to south through all the others. Count in the first tavern the number of dead animals, in the second the number of aquariums, in the third the number of drinking horns, in the fourth the number of candles and in the fifth the number of flower vases.
The first is that of Senkel. He has 2 dead animals.
The next tavern is north of the swamp. There are 3 aquariums.
Next, we visit the tavern by Karamix. We find 9 Drinking horns.
The next tavern is located at the second mill. There are 4 candles.
The last tavern is near Livius his house. 6 flower vases are there.
The correct code is 23946. Tell this to Lorena. Select the option "open lock” on the box behind her and enter the code. The bottle of olive oil automatically wanders into the inventory. Go back to the arena and start another fight with the druid. Your use the oil automatically. If the druid is still too strong, you can get a another bottle of olive oil at the tavern near Livius his house. In the tavern you can find a Russian named Yuri. Talk with the bartender to learn that Yuri has a bottle of olive oil. Yuri wants a bottle of vodka. The bartender sells it but asks 12 gold pieces for it. If you buy it take the bottle back to Yuri. He will want you to win a game of chess from him. Look at the game, then close it and talk to Yuri again. Tell him the winning combination is: E3G5. Then you’ll get the bottle of olive oil from Yuri. Now you can defeat the druid. He will disappear when you defeated him.
This was the last quest of the 1st generation. See here.
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:11.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
A Rocking Chair (Quest 38):
We get a message from our descendent. He tells us that he is thankful that we follow his footsteps. We are given the travel pig and all the NPCs seem to be informed about our arrival, too.
The ancestor is awaiting us in front of our house. We talk to him.
If you want to change your race/appearance this is the time to do so. Tell uncle that you want to change. Attention: you can change only once!!! So make sure you really decided on how you want to look like!
Horatio gives us some resources. Now we can immediately choose an occupation.
As soon as we got an occupation we go and tell our ancestor about it. He tells us to get a second one.
Now our lovely ancestor desires a rocking chair. Just give him 200 SP.
As a reward we will find a statue of our ancestor in our inventory. Just put it into your house and enjoy the pleasure of having a wonderful and magnificent statue showing yourself.
When our beloved ancestor is sitting in his new wonderful chair we talk to him again. We are given the chop-o-mat (hackinator) and the silver cape.
The Broken Axe (Quest 39):
Matricia is calling for help. The beech grew back and is blocking her way.
We chop the beech with our chop-o-mat (hackinator).
Unfortunately the axe breaks. Karamix shall never hear about that.
Go and tell Matricia that you chopped the beech and ask her whether she can fix the axe for us.
To do so Matricia needs frog spit. ... frog? ... We remember the guard we transformed into a frog once. So we go to the jail in the guild area.
The guard wants to be turned back into a human in return. Back to Matricia.
She gives us bumblebee water. Back to our cute frog.
Again we talk to the frog. We got our frog spit by now and the frog is re-transformed into a man.
Back to Matricia. By using the frog spit she is able to fix the chop-o-mat (hackinator).
Now we can give the axe back to Karamix. He is glad that his axe is so very shiny and gives us 50 silver coins as a reward.
The Return of the Druid (Quest 40):
Lorena tells us that she barricaded herself in her house cause she feels that she is watched by someone. She asks for help.
We hurry to Lorena's house with full hygiene.. When we arrive we already see the ferry man who actually is the druid.
He wants to give us a magical water card as soon as we give Lorena a letter from him.
Talk to Lorena about druid and about the letter. Decide to keep the letter for now.
Go to Matricia. She checks the letter but cannot find anything magical about it.
We can give the letter to Lorena without worrying.
Now the druid gives us the water card.
Spell of Protection (Quest 41):
Heather Rose is calling for help. She is under siege from the druids pupils.
When we arrive we can't see anybody. Heather Rose barricaded herself in her house.
She is scared and asks us to bring her away from the house. Think hard...
We go to Lorena and ask her how to put a spell of protection on a house. She says that the spell is written on a script roll which should be known to Matricia.
Matricia is sure that the script can be found in the old ruin.
We go to the ruin and say the good old password "MUNDUS VULT DECIPI". The script is one of those that are on the bookshelf.
The right one is script number 7. The script only says "Floor", that surely cannot be the spell!? No, it cannot We search the floor. There are some loose floor tiles. Maybe we should take a closer look. Under one of those floor tiles we finally find the script (NOTE: For every user the scroll is hidden under another floor tile). Take it and off we go... back to Matricia.
The spell of protection consists of the initial letters of the words on the script. GMPTHTBPSRABTFP
Back to Heather Rose and say the spell. Now the house is under protection and Heather Rose feels safe again.
The Newborn Baby (Quest 42):
Heather Rose gave birth to a boy.
Heather Rose's house is surrounded by the druid's pupils. You can challenge them but they are way too strong for us.
Enter the house. The pupils wont hinder us.
Heather Rose wants that we bring her son away (unnoticed) since she fears the spell of protection could turn against him too.
Matricia agrees to hide and to take care of Brightwhite (that's the name of the baby). To smuggle him out of the house she needs 5 wood, a jug of milk and a truffle.
Chop some wood or get it on the market.
Senkel has some milk for you.
To get the truffle go and talk to Jolaisus. Then go north-west to the grain field. Our pig smells the truffle. The truffle is west of the path near the field that leads from north to south, between 3 trees.
Back to Matricia. She makes truffle milk. When you want to go back to Heather Rose she demands that our beloved pig stays with her. (just ask her to take care of it). As soon as Matricia got the pig we get the truffle milk.
Back to Heather Rose. Give the truffle milk to Brightwhite. He transforms into a pig and in this form he can pass the druid's pupils unnoticed.
Leave the house and talk to Brightwhite when you leave. The druid's pupils check you and take the water card.
Go and talk to Matricia. She will take care of Brightwhite. Now we can get our oh so lovely travel pig back.
The Prophecy (Quest 43):
We wonder how little Brightwhite is doing. Maybe we should go and check ...
We see that Brightwhite has turned all black! Matricia remembers a prophecy that says we can convert him as soon as we know the travel pig's name.
Horatio would know the name... if he just was still alive *sigh* .... We should start our search at Jolasius.
Jolaisus believes that we can summon Horatio's ghost with his favorite wine "Frolique". Our ancestor is said to own a bottle of that wine.
The lovely ancestor agrees to give us the bottle but he demands 1500 SP in return for a bath tub. When we give him the SPs we get the wine.
We enter Horatio's grave and click on the bottle in our inventory. The ghost materializes and tells us that piggy has no name. Matricia can surely help, can't she?
Off we go to Matricia. We chose a new name for piggy-baby. We inform Matricia about the new name of our pig. Now the two pigs (travel pig and Brightwhite) need to introduce themselves to each other. Therefore click on Brightwhite.
Brightwhite turns back into a baby.
Brightwhite in Danger / A Safe Home (Quest 44):
We have a bad conscience.... we should go and visit Brightwhite!
Matricia tells us that she is too weak to care for the little infant. We need to find a safe place where we can leave Brightwhite.
When we ask Karamix where we could find such a safe place he accidently mentions Gaul.
Senkel also has interesting news for us: Tombo is back, he has been moved.
*drum roll* right, Tombo is now posted at the border to the Gallic area. When you are at Heather Rose's house follow the path to the south and turn left when you reach the tavern. Unfortunately Tombo wont let us pass the river.
Back to Matricia. When we tell her that we want to bring Brightwhite to Gaul she gives us the baby. We click on Brightwhite (I will call him from now on BW... that's faster) and he goes directly into our inventory... yay we got a baby in our back pack
Now that we got BW with us Tombo shows some compassion for us. Additionally he gives us some more interesting information: The child should be given to Kippfix, Karamix's brother. His house is the one next to the tavern. Before you can do so we have to give Tombo 20 bricks to fix the broken bridge.
The bridge is fixed and we can enter the Gallic area. We follow the path to the south and soon we can see the tavern and right of it Kippfix' house.
Kippfix welcomes us heartily (not warm and hot as nasty would do) and we have to answer some questions:
the family's heirloom is the hackinator (chop-o-mat)
the niece is Feline
and the animal that is included in the favorite tavern's name is a monkey ("The Lousy Monkey") (you could also use "ape")
Since we knew all the correct answers Kippfix agrees to care for BW from now on.
A Warning / The Perilous Hats (Quest 45):
Tombo is calling. He wants to talk to us urgently and wants to warn us about something.
When we arrive at the bridge to Gaul Tombo tells us that he really needs the hats of the robbers which had kidnapped Karamix' children. He tells us that those hats are perilous.
Karamix children Bambix and Feline are staying with Kippfix. They got the hats.
When we arrive at Kippfix he tells us that he had been outwitted. The children disappeared but he was able to prevent a kidnapping of BW.
We go to Karamix and report what has happened. He gives us the children's toy bear (a wooden toy) on which our pig can sniff to track them down.
The pig runs to the cave where we found the first piece of the amulet in the first generation (north of the arena)
Since it is pitch dark in the cave we refuse to enter it.
We go to Jolasius. He tells us about torches that never stop burning. He kindly gives us one of those torches.
Now we can enter the cave. Bambix and Feline are standing right in the middle of the cave.
We cannot fight the children but we can look into the chests.
the chest situated in the very left of the cave contains 200 SP
the chest right next to Bambix contains some primary resources
the chest behind the two children contains 2 Dragonfern
the remaining two chests do us harm when we open them
we can find 2 silver that are hidden in the pile of wood
for every further search in that pile we lose 1 silver
we also lose 1 silver when we investigate the bear
We open our inventory and click on the toy bear to show it to the kids. They don't want to come with us. We click on the bear for a second time. We persuade the children by promising them grilled chicken and chips for dinner (or maybe lunch).
Back to Karamix. He tells us cheerily that his kids are normal again. He also gives us the hats. To finish this quest we go to Tombo and give him the perilous hats.
When we also go to Kippfix and tell him that the children are in safety again he gives us 1 gold.
Senkels Fishing-rod / The wager (Quest 46):
Senkel wants to relax a bit. Unfortunately he cannot find his fishing-rod. He tells us more when we visit him.
He believes that Stan borrowed it. When we could bring him his fishing-rod back he would give us shoes in return.
Stan is the inn-keeper of the tavern in Gaul. When we arrive there we ask him for the rod. He is too busy to get the fishing rod himself but offers us something: If we managed to return the fishing-rod within 15 minutes he'd give us a complete (gaming) level. notice: you need to talk to stan again after the countdown started!!!
He gives us a hint: we should start with our search at the tavern near the Teuton camp. That's the tavern north of the swamp.
He sends us to the tavern near the Gallic border. That's the tavern near the second mill.
From there we are send to the tavern at the Roman border. That's the tavern near Livius' house.
Unfortunately this inn-keeper gave the fishing-rod to the inn-keeper of the tavern near Karamix' house.
When we arrive at this tavern we get the fishing-rod.
Back to Stan where we are given the level up (as long as we returned in time)
Last way for today: we return to Senkel to give him his beloved fishing-rod back, in return we get the promised boots
Pilou is Back / Mushrooms (Quest 47):
A message from Pilou. He opened an eating house in Gaul. He wants to get to know to us.
Pilou wants us to bring him 6 pretty mushrooms. We can find mushrooms on the way north of the arena.
As soon as we found 6 non-poisonous mushrooms we go to Gaul. To find the eating house we follow the path that leads from Kippfix's house to the south.
Our quite disliked sentinel blocks the way and wont let us pass unless we wear a ring, a brooch or a necklace.
We can buy a necklace on Thursday at Stan for 10 silver. When we feel unable to wait for Thursday we could get a ring from Karamix (3 gold) or a brooch from Lorena (5 gold)
With our piece of jewellery we return to the sentinel who now allows us to pass. We cross the bridge and find a market. There we can find Pilou, all traders, and a bank institute.
Pilou is pleased to get to know to us and offers to cook a mushroom dish for us. Notice: a poisonous mushroom will result in a poisonous dish!
After this quest we find Senkel fishing near the tavern above the swamp. Heather Rose is his temporary replacement in the tavern
The Druid's Visit / Disagreement (Quest 48):
The druid stands in front of our house. He seems to be waiting for us .... What does he want?
The druid does not understand why Lorena does not want to see him. When we tell him that we lost the Water Card he is not very amused and tells us to lure the pupils to him.
Since their biggest strength is their unity we need something to divide them. Matricia suggests arguemushroom but does not know where to find them.
Heather Rose knows the position of the first one. It is a bit to the right of the guilds door.
Jolaisus knows where to find the second one. East of the skull shaped rock.
Senkel knows where to find the last one. He still sits near the third tavern and is fishing. The arguemushroom is north of him.
When we got the three arguemushroom we return to Pilou who is preparing a decoction out of them.
We return to the druid and see that he is surrounded by the pupils. They wont let us pass.
Now we offer our help to the druid. Thanks to our decoction, the pupils starting to argue and the druid can escape.
We talk to the pupils and one of them takes our decoction. After that the next quarrel starts and we can enter our house again. Unfortunately every pupil got a piece of the Water card now.
The Light in the Window / Horatio as messenger (Quest 49):
Lorena changed her mind and wants to see the druid but does not know where to find him. Therefore we are to bring him a message.
First we talk to Lorena. She gives us a love's vow that we shall hand over to the druid. Additionally she gives us a land map on which some romantic places are highlighted. On that places we are to say (or scream if you like to) her name backward. ... (for those who are too lazy to think about that: ANEROL )
The first romantic place is west of Lorena at the southern grain field. Click at the hut that is right next to the field and say the name backward. The druid's message is : Only those who are dead or well-versed in magic can reach my place.
The second romantic place is north of the first one. It is the meadow right next to the second mill. The druid's message is: I don't have any magical power anymore.
The third romantic place is south of the second place. It is the jetty in front of Livius's house. The druid's message is: I renounced the mortal.
As soon as we visited all of the three places the map crumbles.
To be able to bring Lorena's message to the druid we need to be dead or able to perform magic.
Matricia is either not able or not willed to help us so the only one who might be able to do so is Horatio. We go back to Jolasius who gives us a new bottle of "Frolique".
After we placed the bottle in Horatio's grave he agrees to hand over Lorena's message to the druid.
...to be continued.
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:14.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
Tombo's Secret (Quest 50):
Tombo calls for us. Hurry!!!!!!!
Tombo can't sleep cause because he drank too much coffee from Stan. We are to bring him a sheepskin from Isolde, since he always falls asleep when he sees a sheep.
We can find Isolde when we follow the path near the swamp to the south.... the way when we want to go to the robbers hut. There is a sheep farm and guess who's the shepherdess. *drumroll* yaaay it's Isolde.
Isolde will give us a sheepskin only when we matchmake her with Senkel. Off we go to Senkel. He is still fishing at the tavern near the swamp.
Unfortunately he is not interested in Isolde and refuses to meet her. We can persuade him when we give him 30 overpriced junk food (no there is not an extra 0! :P)
On 'happy hour' days, you may have bought a property on the moon from Stan. You can persuade Senkel with this document too.
Now we get an invitation from Senkel which we rush to Isolde.
They want to date at Senkel's tavern. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuurry, we don't want to miss such an extraordinary event ... Unfortunately we see that Senkel and Isolde do not really match.
Isolde returns to her home. We talk to her to get the sheepskin.
We bring that sheepskin to Tombo and now, finally he can have a little nap. As a reward we are given 50 silver.
The Ritual / The ward (Quest 51):
We get a message from Matricia. BW is to participate in a ritual.
The event is to happen at the sea promenade in Gaul. The promenade is the most northern path in Gaul, just after the temporary bridge.
There we are not alone. The wolverines are awaiting us one by one and we have to beat them.
Every glutton is stronger than the previous one. When we talk to a wolverine he eats all the junk food and all the mushroom dishes we carry in our inventory. Since the wolverines are always very hungry they also eat all the bread we have in our warehouse. We should ask Pilou for poisonous mushroom dishes to weaken the wolverines. Maybe we need more than just one poisonous mushroom dish. NOTE: Only those dishes we have in our inventory count. So if one dish is not enough we need to get two dishes for the next try)
As soon as we beat all the wolverines we go to Kippfix to get BW. Together with BW we follow the promenade path up to the jetty.
There we utter the right spell "Strong and pure all the time".
BW gets clean and becomes the white pupil. We bring him back to Kippfix.
The Water Map (Quest 52):
We need to get the water card back. Otherwise we will never find the amulet. Tombo still owes us one or two favours. Maybe he can help.
Tombo promises to call us when he spots a pupil.
Our next way leads us to Lorena. We tell her that we will need to fight her son if we meet him.
Now we get a message from Tombo. The first pupil is somewhere south of Pilou's old house.
Unfortunately the pupil is very strong. We go to Kippfix to get BW. Maybe the white pupil can achieve something against the black pupil. And yaaay, the black pupil is weakened severely by the white one.
We tell Pilou that we beat a pupil near his house. After that we get a message from Tombo again. Another pupil is near Heather Rose's house.
As soon as we beat him, we tell Heather Rose. After that we get the next message. Another pupil is at the graveyard.
We tell Jolasius about our victory to get the next message. This time a pupil has been spotted in the swamp.
This time we tell Karamix about the victory, to get the last message. Now we have to beat a pupil near the jail.
Finally the water card is whole again and we own it. Hip hip hurray
Something Is Going On / Fisherman's Luck (Quest 53):
Our water card shows a red X, just near the place where Senkel is fishing.
Senkel won't lend us his fishing-rod. We need to get one ourselves then. Senkel gives us the hint to try at a trader.
We try it at Stan. As we all know he has quite variety of goods. Unfortunately he has no fishing-rod for us. But hey, Stan has also information for us. A muscular man owns a fishing-rod.
We think of Karamix and Kippfix. We go and talk to them until Kippfix learns that Karamix could forgive him. Kippfix tells us that he will give us his fishing-rod as soon as Karamix forgive him.
Back to Karamix who tells us that he would love to forgive his brother. Unfortunately he always gets cold feet. Best thing that helps against cold feet is warm woollen socks which we could get from Isolde.
Isolde demands a curl of Tombo's hair in return. We get the curl when we give him some resources.
With the socks we go to Karamix. He gives us the chop-o-mat (hackinator). We bring the chop-o-mat to Kippfix who realises that it is a symbol of reconciliation.
Now we get the fishing-rod and we return to the third tavern to try our luck. The fishing place is on the small stream that leads to the inland.
Unfortunately we don't find any piece of the amulet, just fish. Surely Pilou can make a tasty dish with the fish.
When we return from Pilou Senkel is not on his fishing place anymore. He returned to his tavern.
There he tells us that he found a piece of the amulet. Obsessed with his benefits as he is by nature, he refuses to give the piece of the amulet to us before we found the other two missing pieces.
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:14.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
Senkel and the Amulet / The Love Charm (Quest 54):
Senkel has a huge problem with his piece of the amulet. He has lots of guests but his till is not ringing as much as he expected.
And yeah, the tavern is really crowded. But he seems to have found the amulet's piece of love, since there are nearly exclusively women in the tavern that flirt with Senkel.
When we want some information Matricia is the best person to ask. She has some advice for us. We need to find a woman who truly loves Senkel. Also, she needs to do something that impresses Senkel.
No problem to find the right lady. Unfortunately Isolde don't want to try her luck because she's worried about not standing out from the crowd.
A little chat to Senkel and we learn that he owes a huge amount of taxes to the office.
To pay those taxes would be an impressive action indeed, but Isolde has not enough money to pay it. Since we are so good at heart we pay for her.
Isolde gives us a wig which we wear when we enter the tax office. The officer tells us how much Senkel is owing: 1 gold and 10 units of every resource.
When we pay Senkel's taxes we get a receipt. (Of course we give it to Isolde)
Isolde promises to go to Senkel. Again we don't want to miss the event so we hurry to get to the tavern.
Isolde and Senkel are talking to each other and at the end of their conversation Senkel agrees to give us the piece of the amulet.
After a short talk to Matricia this quest is finished.
Horatio's Ghost / The ancestry of the travel pig (Quest 55):
Oh what a surprise. Horatio wrote us.
We hurry to the ruin where he is awaiting us.
After we said the right password "Mundus Vult Decipi" we can enter.
And really, Horatio's ghost is waiting for us. From a talk to him we learn that the druid forgave us. When we are to give the water card to the druid we get suspicious.
At this very moment the true ghost of Horatio pops up and explains to us that the druid pretended to be the ghost to deceive us.
We are to run to Matricia to warn her and to tell her to take good care of our beloved beautiful piggy, since it's origin seems to be of high importance.
So we hurry out of the ruin but it is already too late. Our sweet and good travel pig has disappeared. (oh cruel world)
Maybe it is with Matricia. They have known each other for such a long time *hope*
Unfortunately she has not seen piggy baby. She tells us to visit and ask everybody about our pig.
With everybody I mean really everybody. The ancestor, Tombo, Heather Rose, Jolasius and so on... , all the inn keepers, the tax officer, the banker, even the brightsmith and the black jack guy. EVERYBODY!!!
After that we return to Matricia and tell her that we couldn't find the pig. It must have been kidnapped (Or shall we say pignapped? )
...to be continued.
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:15.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
Tonk's True Nature (Quest 56):
We should visit Matricia and try to get some more information about our cute pig.
Matricia tells us how she got to know the travel pig. It seems as if it was found at the shores of the Sea Witch. Unfortunately she doesn't know where that is.
Nobody wants to tell us anything about the shores. South of the market in Gaul we meet an old friend: Tonk!
He will tell us something about the shores as soon as we bring him an eternal violet, elegant clothes and a laurel wreath.
Pilou gives a hint where to find an eternal violet: in a dead person's eyes. And yay, we really find it at the skull shaped rock near the robbers hut.
Isolde helps us with the elegant clothes. She gives us a costume.
Karamix gives us the laurel wreath.
We rush back to Tonk to give him everything.
Thanks to the violet he will never ever turn into a wild bloke. The clothes and the wreath transform him back into Tonkarius the Magnificent.
Now he tells us something about the shores of the Sea Witch: It is a small island near the Roman camp at which shores lies a ship's wreck that is called "Sea Witch". Additionally the island is said to be an outpost of the forbidden area.
We discover the island really fast since the castle's ruin that stands on it can hardly be missed. An invisible barrier stops us from entering the island.
We tell Matricia what we found out but she does not know how we could enter the island.
Meeting Horatio / Mechanisms (Quest 57):
Horatio writes to us that he wants to meet at the ruins.
He tells us how he won the amulett. When we tell him about the shores he says that we could go there with the help of a portal
To use the portal we need to go to the cellar of the ruins and solve the mirror's riddle. We reach the cellar when we move the stone left of the shelf with the scrolls (maybe we need to refresh before).
When we go downstairs we see four portals and nine panels on the walls that are arranged like a keyboard.
Our beloved ancestor can help us: in his sleep s/he is murmuring the numerical sequences 2-7-6 and 3-9-1.
Back at the ruins we hit the panels 2, 7 and 6 (top left is 1, bottom right is 9).
When we did everything right we can go through the 4th portal. We arrive in a new room, which we leave. We are on the island with the ruins of the castle.
At the exterior of the castle we find a tablet. Of course we push it.
In the small room under the ruins we push the panels 3, 9 and 1 to activate the portals. This time we choose the big portal.
The guardian of the portal gives us some new information but wont let us pass to the forbidden area.
Back we go to the exterior of the castle, press the panel (maybe we have to press it second time) and return to the small room to activate the small portals again by pressing 3, 9 and 1. Portal 4 will bring us back to the cellar of the ruin.
NOTE: do not skip texts before entering the code since it might cause the external panel to reset itself!
The Rule of seeming dead (Quest 58):
It looks as if Matricia found a way to enter the forbidden area. We need to bring her two animated items.
The robber's hats are animated. Where are they? Surely Tombo knows it.
Tombo tells us that the hats had been lowered deep into the swamp.
We go to the swamp. Fortunately some spots are marked with "search hats". That will help us to find them ..... hopefully
When we find the hats we return to Matricia. She puts a spell on the hats so we can pass through the portal. (the hats turn pink after matricia put the spell on them )
We go to the cellar of the ruin, press 2-7-6 and use portal 4 to go to the castle's ruin. Then we press the panel of the exterior and panels 3-9-1 at the inside to activate the big portal.
And yeah... we can pass and reach the forbidden area. Unfortunately the power of the portal is not fully reloaded yet, so our stay does not last long.
We go back to the exterior, press the panel, return to the inside, press 3-9-1 and use portal 4 to get back to our cellar.
All we can do now is to wait till the portal is reloaded fully.
Help is near (Quest 59):
Jolasius sends a message. At the shores of the Sea Witch one can hear sounds of humming and droning. Is the portal finally reloaded fully?
We rush through the cellar to the castle's ruins and activate the big portal again.
And really, it is reloaded. The portal tells us to hurry since our stay seems to be limited.
When we roam through the forbidden area we find our travel pig. It is tied up with magical bonds to a sacrificial altar. To free it we need the Magical Disposable Knife from the Divine Forge.
The forge is north of the altar. We enter it and take the knife.
We can unbind the pig but the altar wont let it go unless we prove that we are the legitimate owner of our sweet piggy.
The altar has some questions for us:
Senkel's saying: waste not, want not
Heather Rose's book chapter: How our hero saves the piggy
Isoldes sheep: 7
Bambix's piece of work/handicraft: a sling
Jolasius' nickname for Matricia: a charming old dear
Lorenas planned purchase: slaves for the household
What Pilou likes best: ladies without gentlemen's company
Now we can take our pig with us. We return to the castle's ruin through the portal in the north-east (or when the time is up). We take piggy to task. Since it is still weakened we get a message.
After we read the message and learnt some new information we return to the cellar of the ruin via portal 4. We leave the cellar via portal 1 since piggy cannot climb up the rope (therefore we need to use the code 3 9 1). We bring our pig to Matricia where it can chill for some time.
The Underground River (Quest 60):
Senkel is writing. He asks whether there is still nothing going on with the water card.
And really. A new cross showed up on the card ... strange.... there is no water
In front of our house the druid lies in wait for us. When we talk to him he puts a spell on us. Some of our status bars turn all red.
We go to Karamix. He tells us that Kippfix has got a dowsing rod. Unfortunately Kippfix refuses to give the dowsing rod to us unless we grow stronger. (Note: Do NOT distribute a point on strength before you are really told to do so by Kippfix!!!!)
When we don't have any skill point left that we could distribute on strength, we need to level up or buy a dowsing rod on Thursday from Stan.
As soon as we get a dowsing rod we go to the fenced area between the grain field and Livius's house.
There we search for water until we find an underground stream.
Finally we hold the amulet of smartness in our hands ... yaaaay we are heroes
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:16.
Re: Walkthrough Compendium
The Dream Riddle (Quest 61):
Matricia is calling for us. She dreamt that others dreamt of our piggy. We are to find out who dreamt about it.
Senkel dreamt about piggy. He told it the following: I spend more time on my hobby than Jolasius on his and less time than Pilou on his. I know that painting takes the most time of all our hobbies.
Heather Rose also dreamt of our pig. She told it the following: No, Tombo doesn't build funny gadgets. And I indulge in my hobby as many hours as Tombo and Jolasius do together on theirs.
Tombo told our pig the following in his dream: Pilou doesn't know anything about birds. And i indulge in my hobby one hour more per day than he does. So twice as long as Senkel.
Pilou talked with the pig about the following in his dream: Either Senkel or Heather Rose is growing little weeds. Me too has a hobby. After ending my daily work i indulge in my hobby for three hours.
Jolasius dreamt the following words: I spend the least time on my hobby. It is half as much as Senkel spends on his hobby. I cannot juggle and Pilou doesn't know anything about funny gadgets.
Kippfix, BW, Lorena, Isolde and Karamix did not dream of our beloved piggy.
We are to solve Matricias dream riddle with the help of the hints we got.
Question: Who knows about the bird's flight and how long is he/she doing this hobby daily? Answer: Tombo / 4
Piggy is remembering the past, the fever is sinking and we can take it with us finally... YAY
This is how the dream riddle works:
First we try to find out the time everybody spends on his/her hobby. (H=Heather Rose, T=Tombo, S=Senkel, P=Pilou, J=Jolasius)
H = T + J
T = P + 1 = 2*S
P = 3
J = S/2
From this we get the following times:
Jolasius = 1 hour
Senkel = 2 hours
Pilou = 3 hours
Tombo = 4 hours
Heather Rose = 5 hours
Senkel told us that painting needs the most of the time. So Heather Rose must be the painter. Jolasius told us that either Senkel or Heather Rose are cultivating plants. Since Heather Rose is painting it must be Senkel who is doing that as a hobby.
Joke articles. Neither Tombo nor Pilou know anything about funny gadgets. Heather Rose and Senkel got their hobbies. It must be Jolasius who is the specialist for funny gadgets.
We still have Tombo and Pilou. Since Pilou doesn't know anything about birds that must be Tombo's hobby. That leaves juggling to Pilou.
In a nutshell:
Jolasius = 1 hour = funny gadgets
Senkel = 2 hours = cultivating plants
Pilou = 3 hours = juggling
Tombo = 4 hours = bird's flight
Heather Rose = 5 hours = painting
The Education Starts / Training (Quest 62):
Matricia wants us to bring BW to her. That shouldn't be too hard....
As soon as BW arrived at Matricia he has to accept a vow of silence. Matricia asks us to bring her some special papers: Einstein's theory of relativity, Freud's dream interpretation and Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.
The papers seem to be in the forbidden area. To get them we have to become more dexterous.... so add a point on agility.
Now we are ready for the forbidden area. In front of the divine forge we meet the druid. He is babbling to himself. Finally we can go further to the north through the boggy area.
We reach a high temple in which the papers are. After taking them we leave the forbidden area and bring them to Matricia.
With the help of the papers BW can finish his education and warns us against 7 plagues that are to come. At the end the druid is said to reach his full power.
Vermin / Plague I (Quest 63):
Jolasius asks for help. His grapevines are afflicted from a plague of insects. All the vines are full of aphids (that's lice ).
We should consult BW and Matricia. BW is floating in midair on the path between the arena and Matricia and has a cryptical line for us. Matricia is not making any comments on that.
Is BW hinting us to burn down the whole vineyard? In the beginning Jolasius is not really pleased by that idea but then he remembers that he has a fireinsurance.
Unfortunately he is not allowed to start the fire himself and he has no eternal torch left anyway. He sold all his torches to Stan.
Stan demands 10 bread for one torch.
With a torch in our helpful hands we return to the vineyard and set it on fire by clicking on the vine. After that we get Jolasius's insurance policy, we are to take it to Stan.
We are lucky and Stan does not realize what we just did and gives us 100 gold. NO! we cannot keep it. We take the gold to Jolasius..... but hey, it is not that bad.... Jolasius gives us 10 gold for our help
The Meteor / Plague II (Quest 64):
Lorena calls for help but her message doesn't give too much information. We have to take a look for ourselves.
Oooooops. Lorena's house is a heap of ruins. A huge meteorite fell straight onto her roof. Now she is helpless and doesn't know what to do.
Surely BW has a hint for us. He tells us to bring Lorena to the olive oil man.
Lorena knows who that man is (The more smarter of us do know that too, of course ... ): Livius (what a surprise ). Lorena asks us to help her to get into his house.
Naturally the house is locked but lucky as we are we know that Jolasius has some lock picks for us. We try every lock pick till the door opens.
Livius is at home and not too pleased that we broke in his house. To cap it all he doesn't want to take Lorena as a guest.
When we think really hard we remember that there is another person with an empty house. Pilou! He is a good man and dedicates his house to Lorena. Now she has a home again.
Last edited by ThTs; 30.03.2011 at 22:16.